My Journey in Korea

Friday, April 02, 2010

6 months!!

I’m just over the 6 month mark my friends. I’ve had a month of ultimate frisbee, bull-fighting, wine-tasting, sky jumping, mountain climbing, more epic nights out downtown, and the start to a new school year at work. Overall, I can’t complain about my life here. The randomness it brings and the people that I meet prevent me from ever being bored. 

Although I am an awful frisbee player, and definitely better in hockey (if that says much), I went out every week ready to work hard and have fun. I always got a good work out and met some wonderful people. Tomorrow we have our tournament and I am sad that the season has come and gone so quick. 

Not only have I discovered that ultimate frisbee is not my sport, I have also realized that bull-fighting is not great entertainment. I didn’t expect it to be of high interest, but it was even less than I expected. However, it was two bulls fighting, what more could I ask for? The same day we also visited a wine tunnel. I’ve never actually been in a wine tunnel before, so it was enjoyable (despite the awful wine we tasted). Yet, I went in great company and enjoyed the day. 

Jumping 123 meters off a tower is quite exhilarating. At the beginning, they drop you about 5 meters and hang you while taking your picture. Then they drop you completely. I found the hanging part the scariest… waiting in anticipation till they completely let you fall. It was a fantastic experience though! I went back to Palgong Mountain, but with different people this time. Even the second time I enjoyed it. I forgot how much of a work out it is though! Or I’m just in less shape perhaps…? 

Work has been crazy this past month. It has been busier than usual for me, and a bit more stressful. I have a class that began not knowing any English. We took over a week learning the words “here”, “sit”, “stand”, “stop”, “girl”, “boy”, “water” and many other basic words. Although it has been challenging, it is becoming more enjoyable. I semi follow a book’s curriculum, but I have been doing my own lesson planning for the most part. I have loved bringing educational arts and crafts back into teaching. 

As for the epic nights out, I wouldn’t know where to begin. Let me just say, most nights are always random, and you can never know what to expect. Majority of the time, they always end up to be great nights with fantastic friends. 

As the weather is getting warmer, I look forward to more adventures outside, and hopefully visits to the beach in May!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I just got an offer at this school and I was wondering if you could email me more info about your school, and what you liked/didnt like!
Thanks
dubkerz@gmail.com

12/03/2012 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home